I invite you to turn this pattern around by investing in your health and well-being first.
You don’t have to wait for a retreat in an exotic location or the long awaited vacation to relax and refresh your spirits.
Invent your own mini retreat. Get up a little earlier in the morning and create a sanctuary somewhere in your house, or out in nature, where you can be undisturbed.
If you miss a day, be kind to yourself and make it a priority to get back on track. A regular practice helps you to stick to your routine and will soon keep you craving your self-care ritual.
Here are some suggestions for your Sacred Self-Care Ritual. Please feel free to change it to your own needs and preferences.
- Find a relaxing spot in your house or out in nature. If you are indoors, you may consider playing some soothing music and lightening some candles. Find a comfortable seat and lengthen your spine. Gently roll your shoulders back and down.
Sit up tall.
- Place a drop each of Bergamot, Rose and Sweet Orange pure essentials oils in the palms of your hands, then rub them together, close your eyes and place your hands close to your face (without touching).
Now deeply inhale the sweet, refreshing, loving, and invigorating fragrances.
- With your right thumb close off your right nostril, inhale through the left, close the left nostril with your right ring finger and exhale right. Inhale right, close off, and exhale left. Continue for about 10 rounds of breath. Then release your hand your breath normally.
- Roll out your yoga mat or towel. Place a yoga block or bolster that will go under your shoulder blades and one for your head. Gentle begin to lie back on your blocks and adjust to them to height that feels just right for you.Then bring the soles of your feet to touch and your knees wide, or, if this is not available to you, step your feet mat width apart and drop the knees in toward each other. Spread your arms out by your sides, palms facing up, close your eyes and begin to lengthen your breath.Stay here for 10 calm, long and steady breaths. When you feel ready, bend your knees, extend your right arm overhead and roll over to your right side. Rest here for a moment and then find your way up to seated.
- Come to your knees and place them underneath your hips, wrists underneath your shoulders. Inhale and lift your chin, chest and tailbone, arch the back, on your exhale, roll the tailbone under and round your back. Move with the rhythm of your breath for about 6 rounds.
- Find your way up to seated. Get your favorite crystal (I suggest quartz, amethyst or rose quartz) and hold it between the palms of your hands. Think of all the blessings in your life. Find gratitude in your heart for showing up for yourself.
Set an intention and then hold the crystal close to your heart. Let your intention be amplified by the powerful energies of your crystal.
When you are ready, place the crystal on your altar, a special place in your house or take it with you to remind you to be kind and loving to yourself and others.
Have a wonderful day!
Please let me know if you have been able to implement (some part of) this Sacred Self-Care Ritual into your daily life. How has it been working for you? If you haven’t, what’s holding you back?
I would love to hear from you!
The very best wishes and many blessings from my heart to yours,
Tanja Alexandra Kern