Baby Massage offers you a wonderful opportunity to bond with your child and offers many benefits for both your baby and the parents.
What is “bonding”?
Learning the techniques of infant massage allow you to sustain a regular connection with your infant/baby/child, where you spend quality time together, a special time fostering love, compassion and care for each other.
Evidence shows that loving, touching, nurturing contact between parents and baby has a positive impact on the infant’s development, health and wellbeing. Some examples are:
- Promotes relaxation and helps babies self-regulate calm, which reduces crying
- Enhances immune system function
- Improves overall functioning of the gastrointestinal trac
- Helps with congestion, gas, and colic
- Helps to improve pain management; Can relieve discomfort in teething
Your baby is ready to be massaged when it is
- 3-4 pounds minimum
- at least 32 week gestation age
- Medically stable
- If premature or ill, only healing touch is recommended
Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to learn more about our baby massage courses.