- What is Yoga?Yoga was developed in ancient India about 5000 years ago and consists of physical, mental and spiritual practices with the intention to attain a state of permanent peace of mind in order to experience one’s true self.
- What if I'm new to Yoga?Congratulations on starting yoga & Welcome to your first yoga class
- Arrive about 10 minutes early and let your teacher know of any injuries or concerns you have at the beginning of class
- Please bring your own yoga mat or rent one for $2
- Please wear comfortable clothing
- We practice yoga in bare feet, please leave your shoes at the front door
- Turn off your cell phone
- Shhh…savasana. Savasna at the end of the class is one of the most important parts of the practice, as yoga works on the nervous system and we need time to integrate it.
- If you need to leave early please inform the teacher at the beginning of class and practice your own savasana before you exit.
- And most important enjoy and have fun! Listen to your own body, knowing that yoga practice is non-competitive and non-judemental. Allow time to build your flexibility and strengths to reap the full benefit from your yoga practice.
- What is Hatha Yoga?The ancient branch of yoga, Hatha Yoga, uses postures (asanas) and conscious breathing (pranayama) in combination with mindfulness to bring awareness, flexibility, strengths and wellbeing. Hatha yoga was traditionally used to prepare the body for long sitting mediations and is known to bring physical, psychological, emotional and spiritual balance to the individual.
It provides many health benefits, a feeling of calm and centeredness, enhanced energy levels, and awareness. It helps align the connection of body, mind and breath and takes your attention inside where you can explore, without judgment, the way you habitually think or react to situations, once conscious it allows you to choose to respond more effectively to your experiences.
Hatha derives from the two Sanskrit words Ha – meaning Sun and Tha meaning Moon. Hatha balances these two opposites.
- What is Vinyasa Flow?Vinyasa Flow offers a flow-based Hatha yoga practice. An exploration of smooth transitions between movement and breaths. Come and join this fun class – relax, rejuvenate and refresh!
- What is Lunar Goddess Yoga?This class will support you in connecting to your inner wisdom and power by combining yoga with holistic life coaching to tap into your higher consciousness. In addition we will follow the ancient tradition of aligning our female energies to the phases of the moon and celebrate the magic of being a woman.
Reach out to your inner child and listen to what your heart is telling you to feel the magic and joy of who you really are. Allow your heart to convey your deepest desires, intentions and wishes to you. Now is the time to meet your inner goddess and grant her permission to lovingly guide you to awaken your intuition and inner wisdom.
As we go through our yoga practice we connect to our dreams, desires and intentions and let go of what is no longer needed. Allow yourself to trust and surrender as you awaken your inner Goddess. Radiate your inner beauty, power, love and happiness!
- What is Yoga for Beginners?Hatha is great for beginners, it is where all yoga is derived from and a wonderful place for you to start. This foundation class is perfect for anyone new to the practice of yoga, and those who are looking for a gentle class.
You will get a gentle introduction to the most basic yoga postures and important alignments to make and keep your yoga practice safe and enjoyable.
You don’t have to be flexible to start practicing yoga. Private and small group classes are great for learning how to perform yoga for your body type and needs. You will gain flexibility and strengths along the way.
This class is an invitation for anyone who has the desire to show up and do their best.
- What are the benefits of private Yoga sessions?Your private or semi-private class will be modified to your specific needs and allow you to progress at a safe pace. Yoga instruction used to be one-on-one and going back to that traditional way of teaching allows individualized sessions with full attention on your needs.
- How do I book a class?
- What about cell phones in the studio?Please turn off phones before arrival.
- How early should I arrive?Please come about 10-15 minutes early for first time sessions.
- What about cancellations?Cancellation policy is 48 hours.
- Are restrooms or water available?Please note that no restrooms or water fountains are provided.
- How can I pay you?Please note that cash or cheques are accepted only – NO credit cards.
- Anything special with your individual sessions?Yes, individual sessions are for ladies only, except referrals. Thanks for understanding.