- What is Yoga?Yoga was developed in ancient India about 5000 years ago and consists of physical, mental and spiritual practices with the intention to attain a state of permanent peace of mind in order to experience one’s true self.
- What is Hatha Yoga?The ancient branch of yoga, Hatha Yoga, uses postures (asanas) and conscious breathing (pranayama) in combination with mindfulness to bring awareness, flexibility, strengths and wellbeing. Hatha yoga was traditionally used to prepare the body for long sitting mediations and is known to bring physical, psychological, emotional and spiritual balance to the individual.
It provides many health benefits, a feeling of calm and centeredness, enhanced energy levels, and awareness. It helps align the connection of body, mind and breath and takes your attention inside where you can explore, without judgment, the way you habitually think or react to situations, once conscious it allows you to choose to respond more effectively to your experiences.
Hatha derives from the two Sanskrit words Ha – meaning Sun and Tha meaning Moon. Hatha balances these two opposites.
- What is Vinyasa Flow?Vinyasa Flow offers a flow-based Hatha yoga practice. An exploration of smooth transitions between movement and breaths. Come and join this fun class – relax, rejuvenate and refresh!
- What is Lunar Goddess Yoga?This class will support you in connecting to your inner wisdom and power by combining yoga with holistic life coaching to tap into your higher consciousness. In addition we will follow the ancient tradition of aligning our female energies to the phases of the moon and celebrate the magic of being a woman.
Reach out to your inner child and listen to what your heart is telling you to feel the magic and joy of who you really are. Allow your heart to convey your deepest desires, intentions and wishes to you. Now is the time to meet your inner goddess and grant her permission to lovingly guide you to awaken your intuition and inner wisdom.
As we go through our yoga practice we connect to our dreams, desires and intentions and let go of what is no longer needed. Allow yourself to trust and surrender as you awaken your inner Goddess. Radiate your inner beauty, power, love and happiness!
- What is Yoga for Beginners?Hatha is great for beginners, it is where all yoga is derived from and a wonderful place for you to start. This foundation class is perfect for anyone new to the practice of yoga, and those who are looking for a gentle class.
You will get a gentle introduction to the most basic yoga postures and important alignments to make and keep your yoga practice safe and enjoyable.
You don’t have to be flexible to start practicing yoga. Private and small group classes are great for learning how to perform yoga for your body type and needs. You will gain flexibility and strengths along the way.
This class is an invitation for anyone who has the desire to show up and do their best.
- What are the benefits of private Yoga sessions?Your private or semi-private class will be modified to your specific needs and allow you to progress at a safe pace. Yoga instruction used to be one-on-one and going back to that traditional way of teaching allows individualized sessions with full attention on your needs.
- Who is the instructor? Tanja's Yoga Journey & Classes
Tanja began her yogic journey in 2002 at a small studio in Sebastopol, CA. After taking classes on and off, she immersed herself in the healing, empowering practice of yoga in Hong Kong in 2005. In addition to her practice she got trained in Paramashiva Yoga and Sai Shakti Healing in Hong Kong in 2009.
To share her love of yoga and its benefits with others she decided to become a yoga instructor and completed her training through a Yoga Alliance Registered School in Petaluma, CA, in May 2011.
Tanja’s yoga classes are in invitation to explore and discover the essence of health, joy and wellbeing in a safe environment, moment to moment and breath by breath. Her classes are an invitation to become self-aware without judgment, to listen within and to balance body, mind, emotions and spirit.
“The posture should be steady, comfortable and grounded in joy.” ~ Yoga Sutra 2.46
- What if I'm new to Yoga?Congratulations on starting yoga & Welcome to your first yoga class
- Arrive about 10 minutes early and let your teacher know of any injuries or concerns you have at the beginning of class
- Please bring your own yoga mat or rent one for $2
- Please wear comfortable clothing
- We practice yoga in bare feet, please leave your shoes at the front door
- Turn off your cell phone
- Shhh…savasana. Savasna at the end of the class is one of the most important parts of the practice, as yoga works on the nervous system and we need time to integrate it.
- If you need to leave early please inform the teacher at the beginning of class and practice your own savasana before you exit.
- And most important enjoy and have fun! Listen to your own body, knowing that yoga practice is non-competitive and non-judemental. Allow time to build your flexibility and strengths to reap the full benefit from your yoga practice.
- Therapeutic Massage - Coming Soon...This massage combines a number of techniques designed to relax the muscles and increase circulation in order to improve oxygen flow and remove toxins from the muscular system. It promotes relaxation, reduces anxiety, strengthens the immune system and improves blood circulation. It may help to relieve headaches, general stress, back pain, neck and shoulder tension and provide overall relaxation.
- Aromatherapy Massage - Coming Soon...Aromatherapy is the use of essential oils extracted from flowers and plants in order to improve and prevent disease. Your trained aromatherapist will carefully select oils for your unique needs. Aromatherapy massage uses some the of the classic Swedish massage techniques to aid relaxation, improve circulation and lymphatic drainage, improve suppleness and aids the release of muscular tension.
This massage induces a sense of deep relaxation, increased wellbeing and renewed energy. Specific oils help with particular ailments including muscle aches, skin problems, indigestion, headaches, insomnia, anxiety and depression.
- Prenatal Massage - Coming Soon...Pampering massage for moms-to-be.
This massage aims to decrease stress your pregnancy may be putting on your back, neck, and shoulders and promote relaxation.Cushions will be provided to make you comfortable on the table while gentle massage strokes help ease tension and stresses your body might be holding.
- Head and Shoulder Massage - Coming Soon...Enjoy this fully clothed soothing relaxation therapy. This treatment will focus on releasing stress, headaches, insomnia, restlessness and anxiety. Your head, face, neck, arms and shoulders will be massaged while you relax fully clothed on the massage table.
- Craniosacral Therapy - Coming Soon...Release tensions deep in the body, relieve aches and pains and improve and balance your health and wellbeing. This gentle hands-on approach helps release migranes, headaches, neck and back pains, fatigue, insomnia and stress.
- Couples Massages & Hot Stone Massage - Coming Soon...Make your treatment a double and share it with someone special. Both of you will be massaged side by side in the same room. Choose from Therapeutic Massage, Aromatherapy or Hot Stone massage to make this treatment special.
Hot Stone massage uses heated stones that will be carefully placed on a towel over your body to help relax tense, aching and stressed muscles. Stones will then be included in massaging your body in combination with soothing massage strokes. This massage is very relaxing and comforting.
- Baby Massage CoursesLearn the various techniques in baby massage and experience the joy of bonding with your child through touch.
Numerous studies have found that massage plays a significant role in promoting the proper growth and healthy development of infants. Massage stimulates the nerves, increases blood flow and strengthens the immune system. It can relieve a host of complaints like colic, constipation, teething pain, restlessness and sleep disorder. The course runs over 3 weeks with one session a week, for babies from 4 weeks up to 12 months old.